We provide our organic garden coaching service to clients around Australia on a virtual basis over Skype. In the Samford area, close to our base in Brisbane, we have the option of organic garden coaching face-to-face at your property.
Organic garden coach – your benefits
Timely and expert advice in the context of your food growing space and level of experience. For backyard gardeners, community gardeners, hobby farmers on acreage and budding urban farmers, we help you to:
reach optimum productivity more effectively
- get better value from the money and time invested in your food growing
get more joy and well being improvement from your food growing
- stage food growing expansion to fit your skills improvement pathway, lifestyle and resources
Organic garden coach
You will be coached by Peter Kearney, an organic and biodynamic food grower with 40 years experience. Since 2007, Peter has worked with thousands of Australian food gardeners as coach, food garden designer and educator in organic and biodynamic food growing.
“The plans and instructional content you provide combined with your ongoing coaching has taught us so very much & though we still have much to learn we believe we’ve started off beautifully. I have no doubt that by the end of this year we’ll be so much closer to being self sustainable & much healthier for it and the work would have paid for itself multiple times“. Julie Grant, Brisbane
- Organic garden review and recommendations session – We spend 2 hours together to understand your goals, property and any trouble shooting issues. This conversation will involve many questions and answers from both sides. Much helpful advice will be provided at this stage around ideal food growing positioning, potential food volume, soil management, staging, resources and pest/disease management etc. We work with organic and biodynamic methods of soil and plant management, yielding the highest quality organically grown food.
- For our virtual service, you will be asked to provide us with a high level map of your site and then the walk around your property will be with you holding a mobile device with Skype running so we can talk as you walk. After the walk around, time will be spent summarising the game plan. The conversation can be easily recorded over Skype or you can take notes.
- With our face to face service at your property (Samford area only), we walk around the property with you and you take notes or record our conversation on your phone.
- Ongoing organic garden coaching – This service is aimed at keeping you on track, quickly building up your skill levels and establishing the most appropriate rhythms of activity during the year to flow with the seasons and life of the garden. It includes trouble shooting to resolve any food gardening issues during year. The frequency of using this service is dependant on how quickly you seek to build up your skills and productivity. Ongoing coaching normally follows our organic garden review and recommendations session.
- Physical implementation – For the Samford area only we also provide physical support with implementation of your food garden to grow vegetables, herbs, native edibles and fruit trees.
- Goal clarity session – 2 hours– $200 (includes GST).
- Ongoing organic garden coaching – $80 per hour (includes GST).
- Physical implementation – priced by quotation for materials and labour, (Samford area only).
Its easy to get started
Contact Peter Kearney by email or phone 0401 156 532. He will be happy to discuss how easy it is to get underway with our organic garden coach service. Also consider coming along to one or more of our workshops and courses.
“Peter Kearney has been very patient and incredibly helpful in turning my very brown thumb into an almost green one over the last 3 years. I love how Peter has been so supportive and helpful along the way. It matches beautifully with his abundant knowledge on making organic, sustainable gardening achievable for even the most novice of gardeners.” Kelly Townsend, Samford
“It is very exciting to be planning our food garden that is going to be a key feature of our home, both edible and aesthetically pleasing too!!. Peter Kearney of My Food Garden is helping us give shape to our dream; listening to our hopes, guiding the project and sharing with us his knowledge of the resources needed.” Kerry Holland, Brisbane
URBAN FARMING BLOG
Raised vegetable garden beds have long been used in agriculture as a method of enhancing productivity and managing food growing space. This is often done simply by mounding of rows up to a maximum height of 20cm or where extremes of slope demand hard borders to create level growing areas, for example, hillside rice paddies
Enhancing observation skills in your food growing spaces has a powerful effect on how productive and healthy your patch is and how your experience in the garden improves your well […]
Urban farm plot at 12 months has produced great results. I want to share the outcomes and reflections with you after it started as a grassy patch 12 months ago […]